So, this was a roller coaster year! It has been quite an eventful year after a very long dull phase in the life and it had started at good note. So, here are a few countdowns on what I did and learned this year! Some random jottings.
- I traveled a lot - Guwahati, Kharagpur, Jim Corbett, Singapore, Podgatlapalli (which is a village in AP, even I can not pronounce it).
- I got married. Well, obviously!
- I wrote a short story which was well-received to whomsoever I passed it :)
- I was more positive and optimistic this year.
- I stuck to the exercise regime more stringently this year.
- I am more confident with my flaws.
- I know that compromise happens only when we let it happen.
- Dream on and know what you want and you will get it.
- Patience is very very important.
- I made my own bed for the first time - the double bed!!
- I actually catered to some of the relative guests who came to the house. I had never done that at my house - always left it to the super-mom.
- I have new appreciation for whatever my mom does for the house.
- I have realized it this year that how uncannily I copy my mum's methods in everything. (This I had realized before marriage only!)
- I actually had a bath and not in a bathroom!! Well, yea, the village I am talking did not have bathroom. Yikes, I know! I had to use 2-3 bed sheets to make a make-shift bathroom and took bath, that too head-bath! My cousins did help, of course!
- I planned a trip (Singapore) and it was more or less successful so I get to do more of them :D Have to see where I am heading next!
- Negativity comes far too easily and it is very easy to complain and to resist is a bitch!!
- I love jewelery but do not like being told what to wear and what not! Come to that matter, I do not like being told anything by anyone else!!
- I am usually a good judge of people but its good to not judge anytime.
- I want to read more.
- Confusion is a state of mind I totally hate! Oh yeah, I am perpetually confused.
- Your health is very very important. Do not compromise on it or take it for granted even for a single day!
- I hate local commute. I love staying close to workplace.
- Regular exercise is very important.
- It is good to explore the wider horizons of life than being curled up in monotony.
- You are not the same person you were when you read point 24. Yes, I mean you are changing every single second of the day. You are not what you were a minute before. You are evolving and it is ok. Do not be afraid of it. Accept it and love it and enjoy it.
- Talk to older people. They can teach you a lot!! Talk to younger people. You will learn a lot.
- Save before you spend.
- Love your body as it is and it will mould to how you want!!
- Get a body massage at a good place. It can be a lifetime experience.
- Roller-coaster rides were and will never be my cup of tea!! For all those who went to universal studios mummy ride, how was it?? I was parched and I got a crick in the neck and my heart was in my mouth.
And, here is me wishing you a very
Happy New Year!!
See ya next year :)
If you did like the post, please please do share it with your friends.