- instantly energizes the body due to the high concentration of carbohydrates
- provides instant relief from diarrhea
- has been used successfully to treat gastroenteritis
- prevents cancer
- controls high blood pressure
- helps in preventing Alzheimer's disease
- reduces the body temperature or internal heat of the body
- prevents constipation
In short, I would say it provides all the health benefits that eating rice would provide. But, more than that, rice water has been used as a face wash and a hair wash.
- Washing your face with rice water makes your skin very soft and it also helps in improving the complexion
- Is a great substitute for toner and firms up your skin
- Helps in reducing the size of the pores on your skin
- Washing your hair with rice water brings shine in the hair and helps to keep it healthy. Follow up with cold water rinse.
- Use rice water as part of your face, body and hair masks and scrubs
- Use rice water for having bath or pour rice water in the tub or bucket
- Powdered rice grains are also used as body scrub and they make your skin extra soft
How to make rice water?
I have read at many places that the water used to wash rice prior to cooking is rice water. But, that is not the actual rice water. You may collect it but it will not give you the full benefits. Instead, you should boil the rice in more water than usual quantity you use so that the rice does not absorb all the water and strain the extra water. This water is the actual rice water which is full of nutritional benefits. You may drink it or let it cool to use as a face wash or a hair wash. You may even garnish it with various spices and herbs. Read this article for step by step instruction on how to cook rice water.
Watch the video to learn how you can use rice water in various ways. But, make sure you cook the rice water the proper way.