I talked about home remedies for eye care last time in the anti-aging series. Today, I would like to share with you a simple trick of 10 minutes everyday which can take years off from your face. Facial Massage. When we massage other parts of our body, the muscles and bones react in a favourable way by becoming strong and firm.
Then, why not apply the same principle for the face. It is important to keep the face bones strong so that the skin over these bones does not sag. Over years, mostly due to gravity, the skin on our body begins to get pulled down giving an aged look. To massage the face upwards will act as an action against gravity and will yield results in the long run.
- Always wash your face before massaging it
- Do not forget to wash your hands, fingers and nail beds
- Apply a generous amount of oil preferably lighter in texture so that the fingers easily glide on your face
- Use only two fingers - the middle and the ring finger to massage your face
- Use upwards and outwards strokes towards and away from the cheek bones.
- Massage on the eye area should be done only with the ring finger.
- You can use any kind of an oil. Make sure that you are not using essential oils if you are pregnant. Coconut, Olive, Jojoba, Almond are the favourites.