Well, I talked about the benefits of Apple on skin last time. Today, I would be talking about another very nutritious fruit "Papaya". Papaya is the best bet when it comes to skin care. It is a good source of Vitamin A and papain. Vitamin A acts as an anti-oxidant, while the papain breaks down inactive proteins and removes dead skin cells. The best feature of the fruit is its low sodium quality.Since the salt content is less, the water retention is also little. The result is an overall hydrated skin.
- Papaya is abundant in anti-oxidants due to the huge concentration of Vitamin A
- 'Papain' in Papaya is helpful in removing the dead skin cells so applying papaya on the skin will exfoliate your skin in the most gentle and natural way
- Use mashed papaya for cracked and sore heels
- Rub the Papaya peel on your face after eating the papaya. Let it stay for no more than 5 minutes and wash off with cold water. The AHA's (alpha-hydroxy acids), which are the most coveted ingredients of today for their anti-aging properties, are in abundance in Papaya which makes it an acidic fruit. If you apply Papaya for more time, it would cause dryness and might even irritate sensitive skins.
- Papaya is a great skin-firming and anti-aging mask. Mash the uneaten Papaya with or without milk and apply on your face. It helps in removing blemishes, dark spots, evens out your skin tone and brings a glow to your face.
- Papaya is, again, a natural exfoliator.
- Mix mashed Papaya with honey for a hydrating skin mask.